Happy New Year R.I.P.P.E.D. family! It’s that time of year again where resolutions are plentiful and healthy eating goals are at an all time high. Those intentions usually last until Super Bowl Sunday, if we’re lucky, so to help you through any sugar withdrawals you might be experiencing, I bring you this delightful and easy raw “brownie” that contains no sugar or flour. It’s whipped up right in your food processor and will quickly nix any chocolate craving. The addition of protein powder adds balance to this “dessert” that gets its carbs from fresh Medjool dates and healthy fats from raw almonds.
1 cup dates
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons agave or raw honey
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place almonds in your food processor and process until they become small and crumbly.
2. Add dates and process until the mixture sticks together and the dates have become smooth.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and process until the mixture combines well; about 1 minute.
4. Scoop into a brownie pan or small cake pan and press down firmly using your clean hands.
5. Refrigerate for a couple of hours; it is much easier to cut when chilled.
Mixing it up
Pressed into pan